Stars - G Hook Stars - G Hook

Not bad at all

I really like the energy that you've got going in this. As it moves on, it definitely settles into a nice groove. The only issue I have with it is what the previous poster said about it. That Eb on the F9/A just doesn't sound strong though. It wouldn't sound so jarring if it was over an F and not an A because you get the tritone clash between the melody and the bass.

Also, looking over what the chord progression is, I would have to say that it's actually more in C than it is in F. Reason being that you go from a C to a Cmaj7, which would be the dominant of F. In order for it to work as being in F, you'd have to go down to a C7 instead of a Cmaj7. I think (and this is just my opinion) that a less jarring chord progression for it would be C-Cmaj7-Bb-F-F/A-Fadd9/A-Bb-F. So basically the same thing, only getting rid of that seventh on the F9 (which is actually what's making it seem like it's changing key, because it is. You're hitting a V7-I with that F9-Bb).

Other than that, great job. (Sorry for the ridiculously nitpicky review. The song is great, so the nitpicky details are all that needed to be said)

ghook responds:

Ha ha, no I see what you are saying. I have it open in front of me now and the chord progression for the arp and piano is C69-C69-Bb9-F6-Am7-Am7/F-Bb9-F9. The confusion possably comes from the vibraphone part, when the chord is Am7, it's playing Eb. Having said that, in the 8 bar loop of chords, it does seem to feel like a different key in the last 4 bars, so I might be wrong, I started this over a year ago, so the memory is a little foggy!

{Kavi}FFX-2 Eternity Memory {Kavi}FFX-2 Eternity Memory

Great Work!

You provide a fresh new look on this piece while retaining the initial beauty of it. 10/10 5/5